Captain’s Den follows the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 25th May 2018, Written by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). (Replacing Data Protections Act 1998.) Please find these Terms & Conditions to guide you to best practice in Holistic Therapy at Captain’s Den.
I, Jan Hodgkiss, am a qualified KORE Therapy Consultant and Aromatherapist.
Specific information is required in order for me to carry out a detailed assessment of your needs, deliver your treatment and give appropriate self care advice.
This is a Statement of Consent for you, the client, to sign to OPT IN to treatment recommended by me, the therapist, at Holistic Therapy at Captain’s Den and follow advice given by me, the signed therapist, at the end of each session.
Consent must be given at each new appointment session to show understanding of each treatment and advice given.
You, the client, have individual control of whether to consent to receive the recommended treatment and the choice to OPT OUT of further treatment in the future. You, the client have the right to refuse treatment and withdraw from treatment at any time in line with the Terms & Conditions. (Only money for the booked session is required, as the cancellation policy states.)
Captain’s Den data processing complies with the Federation of Holistic Therapist (FHT), their membership, insurance regulations and the FHT Code of Conduct and Professional Practice, which clearly defines the high standards expected of FHT members, to record all treatment received by the client.
You, the client, initially OPT’s IN to consent to having your contact information taken when you consent for an appointment either by phone call, text, email or messenger is taken. (over 18’s only).
Medical history information is collected to assess your needs and treatment requirement. You are required to sign at each appointment to consent for updated information to be held.
You are required to sign for conformation of triage of Covid19 at each appointment and prior to appointment, confirm triage.
You are required to sign for Captain’s Den cancellation Policy. This is upheld throughout all of your appointments.
I, the therapist, intend to use your personal information for contact reasons and reference for all bookings ONLY.
I WILL NOT PASS ON YOUR DETAILS TO ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY.
(If referral is required, it is a two way consultation between ourselves and consent from you for the referral.) All in line with Terms & Conditions
I will record; name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address, emergency contact and year of first booking to current year in my CONTACTS.
- My CONTACTS; Your details are kept in an App on iPhone and MacBook and are backed up by iCloud. Booking details are held in Apple CALENDAR which are synchronised (name, treatment required) Apple have their responsibility and accountability for any data breach, according to their policies. I ensure I take responsibility and accountability on my part for holding on to your information and regular ensure my iCloud is backed up on all my devices. I have iCloud storage for mine and your data, protecting mine and your privacy.
- The entire iPhone and MacBook are fully protected with encryption as I have passcodes.
- I keep updating the most recent iteration of iOS, (Apple incorporated product).
- I have my products activated to ‘find my ..’ product.
- IF my iPhone product were stolen and passcodes tried, the data will automatically wipe all content and thus make the smartphone useless to the hacker.
- I avoid opening any unknown links via text or email and do not answer unknown phone calls, unless a voice mail is recorded.
- I only store reputable Apps.
- Siri is disabled when iPhone is locked. https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/iphone-security-tips-3638233/
Social Terms & Conditions
- Birthdays may be acknowledged by Email, TEXT or Social Media, as preferred by client / Therapist (This may not always be possible). Please indicate your preference at your initial assessment and state if you do not wish to be contacted.
- Periodic EMAIL communication will be sent out to inform you of any updates. (Always refer to the website (www.captains-den.co.uk) for full up to date details and information.) If you have a preference, please indicate this ideally at your initial assessment. Emails will be sent either singularly or blind copy. Your address details will not be shared with other clients. NO personal client information gained from consultation and assessment will be sent via email.
- Referrals of treatment or cost and receipt request; once signed for and written, give permission for the client to collect and deliver to the appropriate agents. This will incur a cost of £5.
- Social Media identification will only be highlighted by you, the client at your discretion. You will not be ‘tagged’ in any post by Holistic Therapy at Captain’s Den. All personal correspondence will be encouraged via private message.
All clients are encouraged to have a KORE Assessment at your first appointment. This is to establish your musculoskeletal health. An Aromatherapy Patch Test is encouraged and required, especially for all Aromatherapy treatments. (At least forty eight hours pre aromatherapy treatment is required prior to your first aromatherapy treatment. A lapse of six months, requires a further patch test as per Terms & Conditions).
Full Musculoskeletal Assessment is made at your first appointment and an action plan is collated. A reference is made during treatment for follow on appointments. It is up to the individual client to ensure follow up appointments are kept and full consultation, assessment and treatment continues for improved conditions and symptoms.
All paperwork information is kept in a lockable metal filing box for each individual client. This personal data of client information is used to refer to on future sessions and for clients referral, if required.
Online Consultation Forms, will be stored in Google Forms; secure privacy settings, two notification password secure.
If no further bookings are taken, client information will be kept for a minimum period of ten years after your final appointment. Your personal data records will then be deleted by shredding paperwork and deleting electronic records, this is in accordance with FHT insurance policy. In cases where there is any cause for concern – for instance, if the client had an adverse reaction during or after treatment – the records will be kept indefinitely.)
You, the client, has the right to see the data stored and have the right to have changes made if incorrect. You need to inform the Therapist if there has been any changes to your personal information which can then be changed in your records.
The information is not shared with anyone other than client and therapist on a one to one basis at each appointment. You, the client have a right to complain to the ICO if you feel the information I, the therapist retains is unlawful. It is the accountability of client and therapist to ensure all documentations are accurate to time of creating them.
In the event of a break in to Holistic Therapy at Captain’s Den property, the Police will be contacted. ICO and clients will be informed if any client details have been breached.
Personal Business Audit of ‘where did you hear of Holistic Therapy at Captain’s Den?’ will only be used to maximise marketing advertising. Testimonials may be used on Captain’s Den website (www.captains-den.co.uk) to reflect good practise.
If at any time you, the client or the Jan from Holistic Therapy at Captain’s Den feel the treatment is inappropriate or not benefitting your condition; appointments will be halted, referred or / and medical advice sort. There will be no detriment to your health or finances. You will only be charged for treatments received. Refer also to the Cancellation Policy. (Massage therapy is not a substitute for medical treatment and advise.)
You, the client accept all responsibility for your own health and wellbeing and treat the advice given as that and make choices to benefit your condition from this. You are also aware of the self care advice given at the end of your treatment and any healing crisis that may occur. If you are concerned of any health aspect at any time, It is your (the clients) responsibility to seek medical advice.
Holistic Therapy at Captain’s Den wishes to give all clients a flexible choice of appointment times and consultation. The Cancellation Policy reflects on good practice by all in keeping to appointment times arranged. Please follow these Terms & Conditions in respect of best practice.
‘If you cannot make your appointment, let someone else have the opportunity to attend.’
- At least twenty four hours notice must be given to cancel or re-arrange an appointment. There will be no charge for this, although if left until the time of appointment, charges will occur.
(Jan is a sole trader; this will give other clients the opportunity to book an appointment for therapist time and expertise.)
- A missed appointment will be classed as a no show and will be invoiced at the full cost. Non attendance has to take into account for the preparation of the room; as if the appointment occurred.
Health, Safety and Hygiene. Fire Precautions Act 1971.
Updated Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. (Public Review of Fire Safety Ref: GrTwr/Safety_2017)
The therapist is the designated responsible person for fire safety of clients at all times during the clients appointment. You, the clients must be aware of the nearest exit from Holistic Therapy at Captain’s Den and Fire Assembly Point. You MUST exit the building by the nearest exit and meet in the designated areas if your life is in danger of fire. This is to comply with Holistic Therapy at Captain’s Den Terms & Conditions.
EXITS for Holistic Therapy at Captain’s Den, Stone: FRONT / BACK doors.
If safe to do so, the therapist will ensure all doors and windows are closed to help prevent the spread of fire. Alert Fire Brigade 999, Client emergency contact, Therapist emergency contact.
Holistic Therapy at Captain’s Den follow the General Fire Precautions by:-
- Reducing the risk and likelihood of fire and spread.
- Highlighting and maintaining a means of escape.
- Supply a Fire blanket and Fire Extinguisher and regularly checking on their safety standards.
- Have means of detecting Fires – Smoke Detector. Date tested. (HoS records)
- Take action by observing the Statutory Provision (Health & Safety at Work Act 1974)
- Yearly chimney cleaning with certificate.
- Candle safety awareness, only use of 4 hour candle burners in an appropriate candle holder.
- Electrical Certificate held.
- Follow the Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service advise
Last updated: 6th April 2021